Master of Counselling
The Master of Counselling offers an integrative approach to counselor training and supervision, drawing upon a wide range of theories and evidence-informed practice to equip students with the advanced knowledge and skills-based competencies required by contemporary counseling practitioners. Emphasis is given to producing university-qualified, registered counselors who are ethical, self-reflexive, and committed to lifelong learning and ongoing professional development.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The world of mental health and wellbeing in Australia is rapidly changing, and the future growth of the sector is very strong. With UNE’s Master of Counselling, your advanced knowledge, adaptability, practical experience and research experience open a diverse range of opportunities in counselling, health care, education and human services.
Accredited counselling professionals are in demand across many speciality fields in the public, private and non-profit sectors, including:
- relationship and family counselling
- child and adolescent counselling
- trauma and grief counselling
- drug and alcohol rehabilitation
- career and student counselling
- health education and research.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
A candidate shall:
- (a) hold an AQF Level 7 Bachelor qualification; or
- (b) hold the 2021-onwards Bachelor of Psychological Science (Counselling major) from UNE; or
- (c) hold the Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Practice from UNE or the Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Practice from UNE; or
- (d) hold the 2015-2018 AQF Level 8 Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of New England; or
- (e) hold the 2019-2020 AQF Level 8 Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of New England; or
- (f) hold the 2021-onwards AQF Level 8 Graduate Diploma in Counselling from the University of New England; or
- (g) hold an AQF Level 8 Graduate Certificate or Graduate Diploma or AQF Level 9 Masters or AQF Level 10 Doctorate degree in any relevant* discipline; or
- (h) satisfy UNE by means of other relevant* professional experience by submitting a Statement of Service from your employer/s and a resume outlining a minimum of three years' full-time (or equivalent) relevant* professional experience and training undertaken in the past 10 years.
*Relevant disciplines include, but are not limited to: Counselling, psychology, social work, nursing, teaching, human resources, life coaching, community services, children's services, youth work, care for the aged, care for the disabled, residential client care, welfare studies, human welfare studies, pastoral care and medicine.
- Course Type: Online
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 06 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Teaching (Secondary) at University of New England
- Master of Social Work (Professional Qualifying) at University of New England
- Master of Laws (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Laws at University of New England
- Master of Education (Research) at University of New England
- Master of Education at University of New England