Graduate Diploma in International Community Development
Take an important role in community development. Get involved in social change, human rights and sustainable development at a global or local level.
You’ll gain expertise in key community development theories, building your knowledge and skills in these main areas:
- critical consciousness and ethics of development
- community development project design and management
- participatory research and evaluation
- globalisation and social movements
- leadership in community development
- impacts of Trump and Brexit on governance of international organisations
- conflict resolution and peace-building.
You’ll develop valuable real-world experience. We offer on-site learning and deep engagement with communities and experts in the field. Our agreements with other universities and NGOs, such as the National University of Timor Leste (UNTL), provide benefits that include a study tour to East Timor
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of this course work in many related areas, including international humanitarian work and development aid.
Career possibilities include:
- international and regional consultant in human rights, gender, poverty reduction and project evaluation
- project manager with international, government and local organisations such as Australian Red Cross, Save the Children, Asylum Seekers Resource Centre
- leaders and advisers in government
- community development educator and trainer
- academic and researcher.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent) in any discipline.
- Completion of an Australian Graduate Certificate (or equivalent) in a similar discipline.
- Course Code: 085260K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Graduate Diploma in Early Childhood Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Migration Law at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in International Community Development at Victoria University
- Graduate Diploma in Education at Victoria University
- Graduate Certificate in Education at Victoria University