Bachelor of Physiotherapy
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy is for those who want to prevent injury and disability in others as well as rehabilitate those already injured.You will learn how to identify, assess and treat conditions:
Inherent requirements ensure the academic integrity of a course is maintained and preserves the university's learning, assessment, and accreditation processes. They must be met by all students.
There are essential components of a course or unit that demonstrate the capabilities, knowledge, and skills to achieve the core learning outcomes of the course or unit.
- compliance with the policies, procedures and regulations which are applicable to all students at ACU.
- the mandatory requirements associated with the course of study, eg attendance, completion of assignments.
1200 Mair Street, Ballarat Vic 3350 PO Box 650, Ballarat Vic 3350
40 Edward Street, North Sydney NSW 2060 PO Box 968, North Sydney NSW 2059
Brisbane Campus (McAuley) 1100 Nudgee Road Banyo, Qld 4014
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a graduate, you will have developed skills to work with everyone from children to the elderly, as well as deal with gender-specific issues.
Our physiotherapy graduates have pursued careers in:
- hospitals (private and public)
- private practice
- sports, physical activity and exercise settings
- workplace settings
- injury prevention
Graduates can also work as consultants in educational, government and industrial institutions, and/or conduct research that contributes to the knowledge base of the profession.
This physiotherapy course also offers students clinical placements during which they will be supervised by a clinical educator. During each placement, students will develop and integrate knowledge, skills, and professional behaviors in accordance with the requirements of the Australian Physiotherapy Council.
- 2 years PSW for North Sydney, and Brisbane
- 3 years PSW for Ballarat
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants require the equivalent of an Australian Year 12 Certificate, including studies in science.
English Language Requirement
- IELTS minimum overall score of 7.0 (with a minimum score of 7.0 in all bands), or an equivalent acceptable test score as outlined in the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy (Schedule 3).
The Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Honours) program is embedded into years 3 and 4 of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy (Pass) program.
- To be eligible to apply for admission to the honours program, a student must have completed 160 cp from years 1 and 2 of the Bachelor of Physiotherapy pass degree, with a grade point average of at least 5.50.
Applicants must also comply with the Admission to Coursework Programs Policy
- Course Code: 071515G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Exercise Science / Bachelor of Applied Public Health at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Psychological Science / Bachelor of Arts at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Philosophy / Bachelor of Laws at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Nursing (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Honours) (1 year) at Australian Catholic University (ACU)
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sports Science / Bachelor of Nutrition Science at Australian Catholic University (ACU)