Master of Laws
The LLM is designed to provide an advanced level of study for both full-time students and those who are legal practitioners or engaged in other full- or part-time employment. It can be undertaken by coursework, research or a combination of both. You can choose from over 25 taught courses and entry to the LLM is available throughout the year.
You can concentrate your studies in particular areas of specialization or study a broad range of legal subjects.
The LLM taught (coursework) allows you to study areas in greater depth and complexity than at the undergraduate level. The program offers courses that provide detailed analyses of particular areas of law, as well as courses that are more policy-oriented.
The LLM by research allows you to conduct in-depth study in an area of personal interest to enhance employment opportunities either professionally or academically.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The detailed analyses of particular areas of law, as well as courses that are more policy-oriented, make the LLM taught (coursework) an effective pathway to take your legal knowledge and transferable skills to the next level. The in-depth study required in the LLM by research can enhance employment opportunities either professionally or academically.
Jobs related to this program
- Academic, teaching
- Barrister, solicitor
- Financial adviser, strategic policy planner
- Foreign policy official
- Policy analyst in the public or private sector
- Research counsel
- Resource management officer, property consultant
- Tax adviser, auditor, revenue assessment officer
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Social Work (Professional) at University of Auckland
- Master of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Master of Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Master of Education Practice at University of Auckland
- Master of Education at University of Auckland