Bachelor of Film, Television and Animation
Take a great story and learn to shape it for film, TV, or animation. From documentary and short narrative fiction to more experimental productions, the Bachelor of Film, Television, and Animation allows you to develop your own specialist skillset within the dynamic fields of screen production and screen culture.
Do you want to produce and direct in the media and entertainment industry?
Bring storytelling to the screen through a number of production and post-production roles and practices. Through this course, you’ll explore:
- animation for screen
- digital cinematography
- film analysis
- film history
- high-definition broadcast TV studio production
- short filmmaking
- sound design
- studio and location production
- the business of freelance work
- visual language.
You’ll also learn the art of storytelling in 2D and access Deakin’s 3D animation program. Gaining a broad understanding of the moving image, graphic, and animation practice, you’ll develop clever and creative ways of manipulating and animating images.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
As a film, television, and animation graduate, you may find employment in fictional and factual production for cinema and television and in the corporate, educational, music video, and advertising sectors.
Past graduates have launched their careers with national awards and international recognition (through film festivals) for their student work. Deakin’s internship program has also provided a start to successful careers in the field.
Deakin graduates work across the media and creative industries. Career opportunities include working as:
- audiovisual technicians
- camera operators
- documentary producers
- film and television producers or directors
- film or television editors
- lighting designers
- production managers
- sound engineers
- television program coordinators.
- Melbourne Campus - 2 years of Post Study Work Permit
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- (standard class XII):- 65%
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
Entry for applicants with recent secondary education (previous three years) will be based on their performance in a Senior Secondary Certificate of Education, with pre-requisite units 3 and 4; a study score of at least 25 in English EAL (English as an additional language) or 20 in English other than EAL.
Applicants will be selected in accordance with the published Australian Tertiary Admission Rank (ATAR) for that year.
Entry for applicants with previous Tertiary, VET, life, or work experience will be based on one of their performance in:
- a Certificate IV in a related discipline OR
- a Diploma in any discipline or 50% completion of a Diploma in a related discipline OR
- successful completion of relevant study at an accredited higher education institution equivalent to at least two Deakin University units OR
- other evidence of academic capability judged to be equivalent including relevant work or life experience
- Course Code: 095258K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Arts/Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Creative Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Laws at Deakin University
- Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science at Deakin University