Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours)
The Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) degree examines globalisation processes from a variety of approaches, with a focus on urban and regional impacts, sustainable development and cultural diversity. It is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program designed to allow students to develop their interests and expertise. The program consists of advanced theory, higher level learning and research and is considered to be a pathway into Research Higher degree study.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- High-level theoretical and applied knowledge in development studies within an interdisciplinary base
- Capacity for high-quality, original and independent research on issues of: international development; globalisation; sustainability; urban and regional change; and social citizenship
- Capacity for high-level analysis and management of processes of social change and transformation
- Ability to apply knowledge in a variety of environmental, regional and cultural contexts
- Cognisance of and empathy with the benefits of cultural diversity and environmental sustainability
- Advanced written, oral and/or other communication skills
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Supervision from a discipline academic must be sought before submitting your application.
To be admitted into the program applicants must have completed the Bachelor of Development Studies or another cognate degree within the last five years with a minimum GPA of 5.0 in:
- all studies undertaken in the program; or
- across a major in the proposed discipline of study; or
- across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances the above requirements may be varied with permission of the PVC upon the recommendation of the Head of School.
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 050541A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at University of Newcastle