Bachelor of Criminology
Develop the legal and social understanding to solve real problems in the community with VU's Bachelor of Criminology.
You'll learn to understand the motivations behind criminal acts and gain the knowledge and skills needed to help police, legal, and social-welfare organisations address the causes and results of criminal behaviour.
You'll study areas including:
- policing and offending
- forensic investigations.
Your strong foundation in law subjects will help you work effectively within the legal system.
A research project will teach you to apply your learning to cases and scenarios, preparing you for your career.
The City Queen Campus is made up of two main heritage buildings in the heart of Melbourne's legal precinct, and two smaller buildings. It has the Victoria Law School, Law Library and moot courts
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Your qualification will be widely recognised in areas including:
- forensic work
- police work
- community legal settings
- legal aid
- security and intelligence organisations
- paralegal work
- youth justice
- correctional services
- community services.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Completion of an Australian Senior Secondary Certificate (VCE or equivalent) including Units 3 and 4:
- a study score of at least 25 in English (EAL) or 20 in any other English (or equivalent).
- Completion of an Australian Advanced Diploma or Diploma (or equivalent).
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENT
- IELTS (or equivalent): Overall score or 6.0 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- Completion of a Foundation course or equivalent.
- Course Code: 102415F
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A