Master of Visual Arts
The Master of Visual Arts is an interdisciplinary research degree for visual art graduates and creative professionals.
The degree is highly flexible and caters for students from a variety of backgrounds. You will select a learning pathway that reflects your art practice and professional interests.
You will work within the supportive culture of a studio environment involving group discussion, and critique of each other’s work. You have access to individual studio spaces, supervisory support, and well-equipped specialist facilities. Your research will contribute to diverse and emerging dialogues around the creative practice.
3 Year's of Part-time available
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Bachelor of Visual Arts or equivalent with a B grade average or higher in the papers at level 7 or above
- Applicants may be required to submit a portfolio of work and attend a selection interview
Admission is based on the submission of a proposal outlining the territory of exploration, and the nature of the project to be undertaken by the applicant. It is useful and usual for potential applicants to make an appointment to discuss their interests, before submitting their proposal.
- Course Code: AK1327
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Creative Writing at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Design at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Arts at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Gastronomy at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Communication Studies at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)