Bachelors of Engineering (Honours) / Computer Science
This dual program is your ticket to a role building the next generation of leading-edge technologies with major companies across the globe.
By undertaking this dual program, you'll obtain two sought-after qualifications in less time than studying the programs separately. The skills and knowledge you'll develop through the computer science program will compliment your engineering expertise, and together they'll allow you to carve out a career in the high-tech industries of the future.
UQ's engineering program offers the largest choice of engineering programs in Queensland, with a large number of distinct majors, double majors and minors. The flexible curriculum will equip you to work in both established and newly emerging areas of engineering. You'll develop your knowledge by applying science and engineering principles to engineering problems of commercial importance.
Computer science combines the theoretical studies of algorithms and data structures, with the practical challenges of implementing them in hardware and software systems. Through this program you'll develop the strong analytical, logical, and development skills necessary to advance computing and its applications. You can specialise in cyber security, data science, machine learning, programming languages or scientific computing.
You'll graduate with qualifications that are highly valued and in demand, ready for an exciting career in leading-edge technology.
- Join the university ranked number one in Queensland for engineering and technology, with the largest range of engineering disciplines of any university in the state.
- Combine solid technology foundations and computer science skills with an engineering speciality to supercharge your career options.
- Graduate with skills that are in high demand from some of the world's largest corporations, such as Apple, Google, Oracle and Microsoft.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Cyber Security
- Data Science
- Electrical and Biomedical Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (Dual Major)
- Electrical Engineering
- Machine Learning
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering (Extended Major)
- Mining Engineering
- Programming Languages
- Scientific Computing
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Chemical engineer
- Civil engineer
- Cyber security analyst
- Data scientist
- Electrical engineer
- Machine learning engineer
- Mining engineer
- Software engineer
- Technical business analyst
- Mechatronic engineer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Chemistry or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 096362B
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) - Mechatronic Engineering at The University of Queensland
- BACHELOR OF Engineering (Honours) Civil Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Software Engineering at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Information Technology / Arts at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours) at The University of Queensland