Graduate Diploma in Planning
The Graduate Diploma in Planning provides a new career path for design, planning and property professionals, equipping graduates with a broad understanding of planning issues alongside the negotiation skills and creative thinking required to resolve them.
Whereas planning has often been seen as an approval process, UTS approaches the discipline as a critical task, one that connects communities with governments, institutions and developers.
Property development and planning students study a common first year, which develops a mutual understanding of how to balance private and public interests in urban development.
As a City campus, UTS not only offers a range of great services and facilities across our buildings, but across our vibrant, local precinct. For a snapshot of everything our campus and precinct has to offer - including where all the cafes are at UTS
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The degree enables professionals to change careers due to the multidisciplinary nature of the learning. Graduates are in public sector positions, including working for state and local government, and in private consulting and property development firms. There are also careers in strategic planning on major developments and projects, master planning with financial analysis, and the increasingly important area of sub-regional planning.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have completed a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or an equivalent or higher qualification, or submitted other evidence of general and professional qualifications that demonstrates potential to pursue graduate studies.
Applicants must have completed one of the following:
- a UTS recognised bachelor's degree, or equivalent
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Property and Planning with a credit average or above
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Planning with a credit average or above
- a UTS Graduate Certificate in Property Development with a credit average or above
- a completed Advanced Diploma in a relevant discipline, such as design, social science, property, planning, valuation, engineering, or horticulture.
Applicants who do not satisfy the academic requirements may be considered on their ability to demonstrate equivalency through a minimum of five years' relevant work experience.
Applicants need to provide:
- a CV (max. three pages) outlining their relevant work experience, and
- a 300-word personal statement clearly articulating work experience relating to any of the following fields: design, social science, property, planning, valuation, engineering, horticulture, or any other field linked to the built environment.
Minimum English Language Requirements
- Academic IELTS: 6.5 overall with a writing score of 6.0;
- TOEFL: paper based: 550-583 overall with TWE of 4.5, internet based: 79-93 overall with a writing score of 21;
- AE5: Pass;
- PTE: 58-64;
- CAE: 176-184
- Course Code: 088876J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Diploma in Engineering at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Environmental Engineering Management at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Information Systems at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Certificate in Landscape Architecture at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
- Graduate Diploma in Technology at University of Technology Sydney (UTS)