Business Administration, PhD
Organizations and Social Change (OSC)
The Organizations and Social Change (OSC) program center around issues at the intersection of business and society, such as sustainability, workforce diversity, economic development, globalization, and more. Harnessing the resources and techniques of business and entrepreneurship, often in partnership with the public and nonprofit sectors, can generate innovative solutions to these concerns.
The Ph.D. in Business Administration, Finance track will offer students the unique opportunity to pursue business research in collaboration with local business leaders. The curriculum is designed to leverage a learning-by-doing model that includes both apprenticing in a functional area and requiring a mentor-practitioner as an integral part of the design of a PhD thesis.
Information Systems for Data Science -- Management Information Systems
The study of extracting knowledge from data, encompasses statistics, data analytics, and information systems. Data analytics has become a critical need in industries ranging from health care and financial services to marketing and government. The College of Management is offering a cutting-edge and flexible doctoral program in this field.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All UMass Boston applicants are asked to submit a personal essay. It gives you the opportunity to present yourself in a way that grades and test scores cannot. Our admissions counselors use your essay to determine your ability to organize your thoughts and express yourself clearly. Your essay may also be used to consider you for the Honors College and/or any scholarship opportunities for which you may qualify.
- Students who are attending or have graduated from a U.S. high school must submit SAT or ACT scores. Submission of TOEFL or IELTS scores is recommended.
- Students seeking full admission to electrical or computer engineering, management, or nursing programs are required to submit their SAT or ACT test scores.
- For students who have a recalculated grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or higher and seek full admissions to the College of Liberal Arts or to the College of Science and Mathematics, SAT or ACT scores are optional but must meet the minimum TOEFL (79-80) or IELTS (6.0) scores required.
Bachelor's Degree Equivalency
International applicants must submit evidence that they have completed the equivalent of a regionally accredited, U.S. university-level Bachelor's degree program. Acceptable documents can include official copies of diplomas, certified final degree certificates, and notation on the final transcript of degree and date awarded. Most international 4-year degrees are recognized as being equivalent. Most international 3-year degrees, including the Indian Bachelor of Arts, Sciences, and Commerce degrees, are not considered to be equivalent.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 100 USD