Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology - ARSC01
Combine the creativity of a versatile and professionally-oriented arts degree with the clinical psychological insights of a psychology degree and use that knowledge to explore new career possibilities.
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology double degree will help you develop the necessary knowledge and skills to become an innovative and globally engaged creative thinker – with a clear and critical understanding of scientific psychology theories and research methods – while also establishing a solid foundation for those considering becoming a professional psychologist.
If you’re a creative thinker committed to pursuing a career as an engaging, thought provoking catalyst for change, then make sure you register for this course today.
Combine a Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Science in Psychology at UC and you will:
- explore creative ideas and ideologies designed to stimulate discussion and influence change
- increase your knowledge of the scientific basis and core topics in the discipline of psychology, including in the areas of psychopathology, cognition and perception
- increase your knowledge of the research methods used by psychologists and learn how to apply these methods to the design and conduct of studies and analyse and interpret results and write reports
- enhance your ability to apply your knowledge in a critical way to problems related to behaviour and mental processes, and learn to distinguish scientific evidence
- increase your understanding and application of values, research and professional ethics in psychological research and other professional contexts.
The University of Canberra is located in the suburb of Bruce in the Australian Capital Territory. Surrounded by Lake Ginnindera, the new suburb of Lawson, Radford college and residential housing, regular public buses can drop you right on campus. Open space, natural calm, tall trees and wildlife. Close to the city. Convenient to shopping. Great food, cool cafes, events and markets; a buzzing social hub with something for everyone. Student accommodation, an on-campus medical and counselling centre, the Australian Institute of Sport, Calvary Public Hospital, Belconnen Shopping Mall and a variety of restaurants are all within walking distance.
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
A UC Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Science in Psychology degree opens many doors in a range of sectors in both the public and private health care systems, including:
- clinical psychology
- policy and research
- youth work
- consumer research
- advertising and marketing
- human resources
- industrial relations
- program co-ordination and welfare.
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Cities and major regional centres
- Gold Coast
- Sunshine Coast Canberra Newcastle/Lake Macquarie
- Wollongong/Illawarra Geelong
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an
additional year in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 3 years of PSW visa)
Regional centres and other regional areas
All other locations
(list of cities)
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to this course is based on an entrance rank. A rank can be achieved by the following means:
- Year 12 ATAR
- other Australian Qualification
- work experience
- overseas qualification
We also offer a number of entry initiatives that give you the opportunity to gain entry to the University via alternate pathway programs and admissions schemes.
For More Information Please Connect to Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098995G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Honours in Information Sciences - 860AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology (Honours) - 769AA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Honours) - 318JA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Honours) - 223ZA at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement) - HLB101 at University of Canberra
- Bachelor of Health Science (Human Movement)/ Bachelor of Human Nutrition - HLHL01 at University of Canberra