Master of Theology (Research)
At The University of Notre Dame Australia, we empower students to established and refine their research skills in a connected and nurturing environment. Our Master of Theology degree is just one way you can carry out substantial research in one of the key areas of study at the University. Each candidate will be assigned two supervisors who provide support and guidance throughout their degree – until your thesis is put forward for examination.
Why study this degree?
The Master of Theology enables students to carry out substantial research in one of the key areas of study. As a Catholic university, Notre Dame is committed to the statement of Ex Corde Ecclesiae that “theology plays a particularly important role in the search for a synthesis of knowledge as well as in the dialogue between faith and reason”.
The Master of Theology enables students to research how the Church has come to understand the deposit of faith in history and to carry out research of perennial significance within the context of contemporary scholarship, using authentic methods of interpretation.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Social workers.
- Non-profit workers.
Sydney / Melbourne / Brisbane:
Regular 2 years post study work visa for international students completing Bachelors and Masters degrees (minimum 92 weeks), 3 years for Masters by Research and 4 years for PhD. graduates
Other Locations (Regional centres and other regional areas):
International students studying at regional universities will be eligible to access an additional
2 years in Australia on a post-study work visa
(Which means a Bachelors or Masters graduate can get up to 4 years of PSW visa)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an undergraduate degree from a recognised university, which has been completed at a high credit standard and which demonstrates the applicant’s potential to undertake and complete research-based study.
- An equivalent academic background or extensive professional experience that is considered by the Dean of the School to be an appropriate preparation for independent study and research work at Master's level.
An applicant may be required to demonstrate an ability to understand and communicate in both written and spoken English at a level adequate for the purpose of pursuing the program of study or as deemed adequate by the Dean of the School.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: 073041J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Religious Education (Master by research) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Arts (Master by research) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Theology (Research) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Doctor of Philosophy (Art & Science) at The University of Notre Dame Australia
- Master of Arts (Theology) at The University of Notre Dame Australia