Bachelors of Agribusiness / Wildlife Science
Gain practical business skills and strong agribusiness insight while pursuing your interests in wildlife science, placing you in high demand by employers, with this dual degree.
This 4-year dual degree will deepen your scientific knowledge of wild and captive animal management while developing your commercial and business acumen through one of Australia’s leading agribusiness programs.
The program will introduce you to the commercial world behind agriculture, and the complex and rapidly changing distribution channels linking producers with consumers.
You'll learn about marketing, finance and managing people and technologies in agriculture and animal-specific settings. You’ll graduate with commercial awareness, an international outlook and technical industry insight.
Under the wildlife science program, you'll focus on whole animal biology and the management of wild animals, including their ecology and conservation, biodiversity and issues associated with human-wildlife interactions.
You'll learn how to implement and evaluate management programs for captive and free-ranging wildlife. You’ll be taught by experts involved in the conservation and management of wildlife and exotic animals, and access UQ’s specialist animal research and veterinary facilities.
When you graduate, you'll be ready to enter the workforce in innovative management positions where your high-level technical skills in animal health and welfare, along with your business knowledge, will be highly sought-after by employers.
- Join the leader in the field, equipped with some of the best specialist animal research and veterinary facilities in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Learn from experts about the commercial world behind agriculture and develop in-demand business skills.
- Experience city and rural living at two UQ campuses. You’ll take business courses in the award-winning UQ Business School at Brisbane's St Lucia campus and wildlife science courses at UQ's specialist rural Gatton campus.
- Participate in 120 hours of industry placements in locations such as zoos, welfare organisations and wildlife parks, or spend nearly a month overseas as part of your elective courses.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Gatton, UQ’s rural campus, is located in the Lockyer Valley, 87 kilometres west of Brisbane’s city centre, and halfway between Ipswich and Toowoomba. On this sprawling campus, which dates back to 1897, you’ll find world-class teaching and research facilities in agriculture, animals, veterinary science and the environment. It’s also a working farm, with more than 1000 hectares of dairy, pig, crop and grazing units, as well as post-harvest facilities and greenhouses. Gatton’s agricultural learning facilities sit against a backdrop of historical homesteads, sporting amenities, and community fruit and vegetable gardens.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Agribusiness analyst
- Export trader
- Farm management consultant
- Commercial manager, grain and commodities
- Wildlife scientist
- Ecotourism guide
- Conservation officer
- Land manager
- Environmental assessment officer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 or equivalent English, Mathematics B; plus two of Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, Mathematics C or Physics, at least one of which must be Chemistry or Physics.
View the Prerequisites guide for more information about subject equivalents for interstate high schools, overseas high schools, university subjects and pathways and bridging programs.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 087889A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce MAJOR Finance at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Agribusiness / Agricultural Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of International Hotel and Tourism Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Economics / Arts at The University of Queensland