Ph.D. in Epidemiology: Public Health
Many health problems stem from exposure to hazards at home and in the community, healthcare system and work place. Learn to prevent disease and injury with a doctoral degree in Epidemiology.
You'll be prepared to conduct research that identifies solutions for diseases caused by exposure to hazards in everyday life, which could include the physical, social, healthcare and policy environments. If you enjoy an interdisciplinary approach to learning, like to be on the cutting edge of research and want to devote your career to promoting health and safety, this is the program for you.
UMass Lowell is located in historic mill city of Lowell, Mass., 45-minutes north of Boston, at the intersections of Routes 495, 93 and 3. The birthplace of Jack Kerouac and the Industrial Revolution, Lowell's history echoes all around you. Former mill buildings and cobblestone streets now add charm to a bustling downtown, steps away from the UMass Lowell campus, which boasts a thriving arts scene, a population rich in cultural diversity, and a flair for festivals.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
3 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Prerequisite of a Master’s degree in a related field.
- Exceptional academic record, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 (3.5 in quantitative sciences) and high GRE scores.
- Three letters of recommendation that provide insight into your ability to complete a rigorous academic graduate program.
- A recent resume that indicates your readiness to begin a doctoral degree program.
- A 1-2 page statement of purpose that includes:
- A description of your personal and professional goals and how this doctoral program will help you achieve them.
- A description of your research interests that you intend to pursue in your doctoral degree.
- A list of 2-5 Tenure Track faculty members in the Zuckerberg College of Health Sciences who you would like to have as a doctoral dissertation committee chair. Tenure Track faculty members can be identified through the titles of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor. Those individuals with the titles of Clinical, Research, Teaching, or Emerita/us faculty with proper credentials may serve on a doctoral committee, but they are not eligible to serve as the chair of a doctoral committee.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD
- Ph.D. in Radiological Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Polymer Science at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Physics at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Doctor of Physical Therapy at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences at University of Massachusetts Lowell
- Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) at University of Massachusetts Lowell