Bachelor of Music (Honours)
Students who perform well, with a GPA of 5.0 or greater, during the Bachelor of Music degree may undertake a further year of full time (or equivalent part time) study to obtain an Honours degree. As a research degree student you will be able to study almost any aspect of music using a research framework subject to the approval of the Program Convenor. The project can be structured as a dissertation or as a creative work and exegesis.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- Mastery of research methodology in music
- Mastery of advanced project planning skills
- Mastery of advanced written, oral and/or performance communication skills
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of music as a specialist area
Newcastle City campus
The University of Newcastle plays an important part in the renewed sense of vibrancy in the Newcastle CBD and our Newcastle City campus is very much at the centre of the city's burgeoning arts scene. NUspace is a $95 million landmark education building developed in 2017 by the University of Newcastle in the heart of Newcastle's CBD. NUspace harnesses the latest in technology and innovation in teaching and learning to deliver a world-class student experience by engaging students in new and exciting ways.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Applicants must have successfully completed a Bachelor of Music or an equivalent program with a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 5.0 (credit grade average) calculated from;
- Across the entire degree program; or
- Across a major in the proposed discipline of study, if the degree program includes such a major; or
- Across 80 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists); or
- Where the applicant has completed less than 80 units at 3000 level, a GPA of 5.5 calculated from at least 60 units of 3000 level courses (which must include at least 40 units of 3000 level courses in the major where a major exists).
In exceptional circumstances, the above requirements may be varied with permission of the Head of School and Pro Vice-Chancellor.
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 030186C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Music at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Visual Communication Design (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Fine Art (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Development Studies (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Communication (Honours) at University of Newcastle