Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management
Saving the world. It’s a growth industry.
If you have a passion for science, sustainability and want to play a part in solving the environmental problems facing our society, the Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management at The University of Newcastle is for you. You'll learn to understand and combat the critical issues placing a growing strain on the earth’s natural resources such as climate change, human impacts, and the biodiversity crisis.
Right on the doorstep of the Hunter Valley mining belt, the Hunter wetlands and 300 kilometres of NSW coastline, our region offers vast environmental diversity and provides the perfect environment for you to gain practical experience out in the field.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates of the Bachelor of Environmental Science and Management can go on to work in a diverse range of areas including:
- conservation and ecology
- environmental impact and assessment
- environmental science
- environmental health and sustainability
- earth sciences (including geology)
- laboratory and research work
- marine biology
- mining and exploration
- urban and regional planning
Careers by major
- Natural Resources and Hazards
- Ecosystems and Biodiversity
- Coastal and Marine Science
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 059877D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle