Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
From tiny life-saving devices to the engines, machines, and plants that power our world, the influence that mechanical engineering has on our society is profound.
The Department of Mechanical Engineering at the University of Alberta offers a broad-based program that prepares graduates for immediate employment in a wide variety of industries ranging from transportation to medicine. You will gain a thorough understanding of mechanical engineering by taking courses in five major areas: solid mechanics, dynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and design. The emphasis is on providing opportunities for you to integrate theoretical knowledge with practical, hands-on application and design.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
If your program was less than 8 months
- You aren’t eligible for a PGWP.
If your program was more than 8 months but less than 2 years
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for up to the same length as your study program.
For example, if you completed a 9-month program, we may give you a work permit for up to 9 months.
If your program was 2 years or more
- We may give you a PGWP that’s valid for 3 years.
If you completed more than 1 program
- You may be able to get a PGWP that combines the length of each program.
Each of the programs you completed -
- must be PGWP-eligible and at least 8 months in length
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
CBSE and CISCE National Boards
Applicants completing Class XII
Applicants will be evaluated for Early Admission on presentation of the following:
- Class X board results
- Predicted Class XII grades
To obtain Final Admission and clear conditions:
- Presenting final Class XII board results meeting the university's requirements and the information needed to verify them online
- Applicants who were not offered Early Admission will be evaluated for Final Admission with final Class XII board results
Applicants who have already completed Class XII
Applicants will be evaluated for Final Admission based on the submission of final Class XII board results and the information needed to verify them online.
Indian State Boards
To be considered for a conditional offer, students will need to submit school results for Class XI showing a competitive average and course registration for Class XII, or Class XII mid-year results. The offer will become unconditional upon receipt of the final Class XII board results meeting the university's requirements
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 10000 CAD
Application Fee: 125 CAD