BSC (HONS) COMPUTING FOR BUSINESS (ITMB)
The first year of your studies will introduce you to a broad range of management subjects in addition to programming and reasons why business needs technology. Typically you will be studying four modules a semester over the two semesters that make up our academic year.
The pattern of your study in the second year is similar to that of the first but you will be studying more focused subjects relating to your degree route including Project Management, Developing Real Systems for Customers (working with external clients) and Dynamic and Data Driven Systems.
If we take a simplistic view that the first year theme is why there are Information Systems and the second year is how we make an Information System happen, then the third year is about managing an Information System and you will undertake modules that address this aspect. In addition you will work on your Management Project. The Management Project allows you to study in depth an IT related topic of your choice or build a system based solution.
Students state they benefit from our decision to run small classes (typically 20-25), which enables easier communication with staff in addition to offering a supportive community with fellow students. The Bognor Regis campus is a short walk away from the beach, town and train station with a direct train service to London Victoria and Gatwick international airport.
Employers continuously tell us that they prefer students who have work experience and therefore we would encourage you to undertake the one year professional placement option.
Bognor Regis Campus
Situated just five minutes from the sea, our Bognor Regis Campus boasts the £35m Tech Park which was opened by their Royal Highnesses, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex. It is our flagship building which is home to our Engineering and Design and Creative Digital Technologies Departments. In addition to this, we have beautiful Georgian architecture including three grand mansion houses amongst our other modern teaching facilities. Bognor Regis is well known for its long stretch of coastline, with a mixture of sandy and pebble beaches and with just a five minute walk from campus, there no excuse not to visit. The Bognor Regis campus is also close to Hotham Park, a beautiful 22 acre public park. The park surrounds Hotham House, built in 1792 by Sir Richard Hotham, and regarded by many as one of the finest Georgian houses in Sussex. The famous Butlins Bognor Regis resort lies at the eastern end of the promenade and is the largest holiday centre in the South of England.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: I206
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS AND SECONDARY TEACHING (QTS) at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology with Integrated Foundation Year at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Educational Psychology at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Counselling Psychology with Integrated Foundation Year at University of Chichester
- MSci in Advanced Applied Psychology at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Counselling Psychology at University of Chichester