Bachelor of Engineering Electrical Engineering
What is Electrical Engineering?
Electrical Engineering is primarily concerned with the generation , transmission and distribution of Electrical power , the design and development of electrical machines and equipment and the specification of electrical service plans for industrial buildings and facilities.
There is also a major emphasis on ensuring that 70% of Irelands electricity demand is met by renewable energy sources such as wind , solar and hydro by 2030. Electrical Engineers work on the development of a smart electrical grid to allow for the effective utilisation of renewable energies
What is the BEng in Electrical Engineering?
This course is a three year level 7 degree in Electrical Engineering. The course is designed to fully equip the students with the skills required to function as an engineering technician in the areas of electrical services, control, automation, energy production, renewable technologies and energy policy and legislation.
The first year of the course is designed to introduce the students to the fundamentals of maths, engineering science and technology that underpin the study of engineering. It will equip students with the knowledge required to undertake a more specific study of engineering in relation to electrical engineering in years two and three.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD182
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Science Information Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural & Building Information Modelling Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Architectural Technology at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours) Architecture at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Quantity Surveying at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) Construction Management & Engineering at Waterford Institute of Technology