Diploma of Theology
Whether you have a calling for the ministry or are following a personal spiritual journey, this Diploma provides a compelling introduction to the complex subject of theology. The curriculum covers five main disciplines (Scripture, Church History, Systematic Theology, Moral Theology and Pastoral Theology) to deepen and expand your understanding of the Christian faith.
Our Diploma of Theology is a one year full-time (or equivalent part-time) program which provides a basic qualification in theology. The program provides has been designed for students with no previous background in theological studies or those who might wish to update their theological knowledge. It will especially appeal to students who are preparing for a career in ministry or others who are following a personal journey of spiritual discovery and growth.
Please Note: Theology is the necessary qualification for those wishing to exercise various ministries within the Christian community and to contribute to the work of the Church. It is also the necessary basis for graduate theological study and research.
Our foundation Campus is located in the historic West End of the port city of Fremantle, south of Perth. Housed within beautifully restored heritage buildings, it provides a ‘town university’ of great character. The iconic Campus is close to the Fremantle Harbour, cafe?s, shops and the famous ‘Cappuccino Strip’, and all major transport hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The following careers are open to graduates of this program:
- Academic teaching
- Public libraries
- Research institutes
- Church ministry
- Church agencies
- Parish adult faith programs
- Education and teaching (upon completion of a graduate-entry teaching qualification)
- International diplomacy and trade missions
- Journalism and media
- Catholic and Christian schools
- Pastoral counselling
- Religious education coordination
- Youth work
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Academic requirements for this program are outlined below. We also consider your application more broadly – your non-academic achievements (such as any previous leadership roles, volunteering, work, church and/or community involvement) as well as personal qualities - your aspirations and interests and your capacity to complete your chosen program.
Applicants with recent Secondary Education:
- Indicative ATAR of 70 with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
- Minimum International Baccalaureate (IB) score of 24.
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) with a score of 50+ in ATAR English, ATAR Literature or ATAR English as an Additional Language or Dialect (EALD).
Applicants with Higher Education Study
- Other university studies completed at undergraduate level or higher, a minimum of 4 successfully completed subjects;
- Successful completion of the Notre Dame Tertiary Pathway Program or of another Enabling Program at a level deemed sufficient by the University;
Applicants who have successfully completed subjects at another University, which are relevant to the selected program of study, may be eligible for Advanced Standing.
Applicants with Vocational Education and Training (VET) study
- Completed AQF Certificate IV or higher in a relevant discipline, from an accredited provider such as TAFE or a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
Applicants with Work and Life Experience
Applicants who left secondary education more than two years previously and who have not undertaken VET or higher education study since then, but with relevant work and life experience. Such experience may include, but is not limited to:
- STAT scores of at least 135 in the Multiple Choice section and 140 in the Written English section are required.
- Mature-age completion of two Year 12 WACE or HSC exams with a resulting ATAR of 70 or above
- Western Australian Certificate of Education (WACE) or equivalent results if these have been completed within the last 5 years.
Please note: all applicants must be of school leaving age or older to apply.
- Course Code: 017653A
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A