Bachelor of Criminology and Bachelor of Information Technology
Criminology is the study of crime and social control. Crime, how we define it, understanding its causes, and the ways we respond to it provides a window into a society’s challenges, values, and aspirations. You’ll consider the local, national, and global aspects of crime and justice and become familiar with a range of lenses for understanding and assessing the efficiency and impact of society’s changing understandings and responses.
You’ll gain an understanding of victimization and perpetration, inequality, and its impacts approach to understanding crime and difference and learn about the crime committed by individuals, groups, organizations, and states and the mechanisms of the criminal justice system including police, courts, and corrections.
You’ll engage with research and policy leaders in crime and justice and experience criminal justice in action in a range of international, national, and local contexts. The course challenges you to apply abstract knowledge to real-world problems of crime and justice and develop solutions. You’ll be equipped to identify credible evidence, understand measurement and analyze the policy impact, and to develop informed independent thinking skills.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Monash Arts Jobs and Careers
Monash Arts prepares our students for their professional futures and the impact they create in their organisations and communities.
There are over 81,240 Monash Arts alumni across 130 countries. Our global community includes The Hon. Daniel Andrews MP, The Hon. Dan Tehan MP, Adam Bandt MP, Bill Shorten MP, Sarah Abo, Yalda Hakim, Vance Joy, Professor Sharman Stone, Professor Emeritus Ariel Heryanto, H.E. Mr Arthur Spyrou, H.E. Mr Saleumxay Kommasith and thousands of influential graduates impacting communities, nations and the world for good.
We work as ...
Monash Arts graduates work as: Authors, Ambassadors, Analysts, Artists, Consultants, Creative Directors, Communication Specialists, Criminologists, Digital Consultants, Diplomats, Educators, Entrepreneurs, Executives, IT Specialists, Journalists, Media Presenters, Musicians, Linguists, Lawyers, Marketers, Media and Communication Specialists, Politicians, Policymakers, and a wide range of occupations.
With the flexibility of combining our Arts degree with Business, Engineering, Education, Science, IT and over 40 majors to choose from, our career opportunities are amplified.
We work in ...
The Arts, Business, Education, Government, IT, Science Law, Education, Not-for- Profit sectors.
Our top 20 employers in Australia include:
Department of Environment, Land, Water
Department of Health & Human Services
Department of Education & Training
Department of Foreign Affairs & Trade
Department of Justice
Department Premier & Cabinet
Ernest & Young
National Australia Bank
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Before you apply to come to Monash on exchange or study abroad, you should check that you meet the following entry requirements. You must:
- have completed at least one full year at your home university
- have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.0 or 60 percent or equivalent
- meet our English language requirements.
- Equivalent Australian Year 12
Recent secondary education
- All applicants must satisfy the following prerequisites or their equivalents.
Australian VCE subjects
- VCE - Units 3 & 4: a study score of at least 30 in English (EAL) or 25 in English other than EAL
- Units 1 & 2: Satisfactory completion in 2 units (any combination) of General Mathematics, Mathematical Methods or Specialist Mathematics or Units 3 and 4 in any Maths
- IB - At least 4 in English SL or 3 in English HL or 5 in English B SL or 4 in English B HL
- IB - At least 3 in any mathematics subject
- Course Code: 097659K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 24505 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary and Secondary Health and Physical Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Primary Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Education (Honours) in Early Childhood and Primary Education at Monash University
- Bachelor of Laws and Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Politics, Philosophy and Economics at Monash University
- Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Criminology at Monash University