Bachelor of Business (Honours) Business Information Systems
What is Business Information Systems?
Digital transformation is occurring throughout businesses and industries, nationally and internationally. Digital transformation is a journey that an organization embarks upon to change its client engagement, creating new business models or enabling its employees to work in a different manner using technology. Digital transformation connects a range of existing and new technologies to create value including the Internet of Things (IoT), Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data Analytics (BDA) and Data Visualization, Cloud Computing, Distributed Ledger Technologies (DLTs), and Blockchain, Mobile Web, etc. As the ICT and business linkage is so strong in digital transformation, the hybrid mix of graduate skills most sought after by organizations all across the world is the combination of ICT skills, business acumen, communication skills, and soft skills, such as teamwork and problem-solving capabilities. Thus, the Business Information Systems (BIS) graduate is the perfect fit to drive digital transformation across all industries both nationally and internationally.
Strong growth markets for emerging technologies are driving fundamental change to businesses globally. The availability of hybrid skills for developing, implementing and using ICT for digital transformation is an important condition for the competitiveness and the innovation capabilities of the European, national and international economies. The Bachelor of Business (Honours) in Business Information Systems (BIS) addresses this skills and knowledge gap by developing graduates with the required high-level ICT skills, business knowledge, communication skills and experience as BIS Professionals to drive digital transformation across all industries, nationally and internationally.
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
WIT’s award-winning Careers Development Centre is the main point of contact for:
- Students and graduates, helping you explore your options, develop your employability skills and make successful job applications
- Academic Staff, supporting you to equip your students with the skills they need to enhance their employability and succeed in their future careers
- Employers interested in securing the recruitment of well educated, career orientated, informed graduates
The Careers Development Centre supports the Institute in providing opportunities for students and graduates to develop the skills and attributes required to manage their careers throughout their working lives.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You should be at least 17 years of age in January of the year of entry.
- You must have a Secondary/High School Diploma, with good grades in English and Mathematics and at least 4 other subjects, on average + 60%.
- Some courses have special entry requirements, which you should check under the course details.
For More Information Please Connect Our PSA Counselor
- Course Code: WD232
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 7650 EUR
Application Fee: 50 EUR
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Hospitality Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business Recreation & Sport Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Science Retail Management at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Business at Waterford Institute of Technology
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) International Business at Waterford Institute of Technology