Bachelor of Arts (Honours)
You can take the one-year Bachelor of Arts (Honours) as a qualification in its own right after a Bachelor of Arts or as a pathway to a one-year Master of Arts.
The BA(Hons) is an opportunity to extend your understanding of an academic area that you find intellectually rewarding and personally meaningful. You may also be able to study an area different from that of your undergraduate major if your background is in a related subject.
As well as deepening your knowledge in small classes with some of New Zealand’s leading scholars, you can hone advanced skills that will be an advantage in any career.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The BA(Hons) can enhance your career potential by taking your transferable skills and specialist knowledge to the next level. You will develop insights and solutions, sharpen your analysis of complex information, and formulate robust arguments. The enduring experience of honours-level study can steer you in many different directions as you prepare for the future world of work.
Jobs related to this programme
- Content writer
- Graduate archaeologist
- Marketing associate
- Policy adviser
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- An undergraduate degree GPE 5.0
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Music (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Music at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Global Studies at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Dance Studies at University of Auckland