Doctor of Philosophy (Engineering)
Monash Engineering operates at the forefront of engineering research. All specialized fields of research are at world standard or above and the most recent Excellence in Research for Australia assessment has rated our research results well above world standard. With access to world-class laboratories, workshops, and facilities and with highly specialized equipment and software, a Ph.D. in Engineering offers you a stimulating, supportive, and professional environment in which to explore engineering challenges and develop solutions for the future...
A Ph.D. in Engineering takes the form of the Monash Doctoral Program – a Ph.D. for the 21st century. The program consists of extensive, independent research of a topic formulated in consultation with academic staff. A minimum of two academic supervisors will support you throughout your study. As part of the program, you will also complete a series of professional development activities or coursework units that provide you with the skills required to make an impact in academia, industry, government, or the wider community. Your study will result in a research thesis or alternative approved output, which makes a valuable contribution to the current body of knowledge on your chosen topic.
Clayton campus has around 26,000 students and is the largest of all eight campuses. It is located 20km south-east of Melbourne.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 2 year Post Study Work Visa Opportunity
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
The minimum qualifications for admission to PhD enrolment are:
- a bachelor's degree requiring at least four years of full-time study in a relevant field, and which normally includes a research component in the fourth year, leading to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a course leading to a level rated by the relevant department, faculty and committee as equivalent to an honours 1 or 2A in a relevant field;
- a master's degree that entails work, normally including a significant research component, including at least 25% of one full-time equivalent year of work, including a thesis. It is normally expected that a grade of honours 2A has been obtained for the research thesis or project. Where ungraded, examiners' reports will be taken into account; or
- have qualifications which in the opinion of GRC are deemed equivalent.
- Course Code: 041044D
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD