PhD in Information & Computer Sciences
Our modern world is dependent on data-driven insights. Use your IT and computer-science expertise to contribute influential ideas that help society progress.
Become a leader in IT and mathematical modelling, making real advances in many areas with original research and ideas.
VU's PhD in Information & Computer Sciences program
Our PhD in Information and Computer Sciences program gives you access to world-class research centres and expert supervisors. You’ll have opportunities to collaborate with top researchers from around the world. Our focus areas include big data analytics, software engineering, information theory and cognitive knowledge modelling.
We have an interdisciplinary research approach, which focuses on solving real-world problems using innovative IT applications. Your research will benefit society through our partnerships with healthcare, community, business and government.
You’ll learn to present your research findings clearly and effectively, through your thesis, presentations and publications.
Footscray Park Campus is next to parklands along the Maribyrnong River, a short walk from Footscray Station. Footscray is one of Melbourne’s multicultural hubs, only 10 minutes by train from the city. The campus has restaurants and cafes, learning commons, world-class sports science facilities, a bookshop, and a pool and gym. It hosts many of our degree and postgraduate courses, including in business, sport, youth and community work, science, engineering and education.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Depending on your area of research, your PhD could lead to one of the following careers:
- academic researcher and lecturer
- actuarial scientist or statistician
- government adviser
- data scientist and data analyst
- cyber security consultant
- ICT trainer
- ICT manager
- IT consultant
- software developer/engineer.
- 4 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Master’s degree with thesis;
- admissible bachelor degree Completed with a degree classification (as awarded on degree certificate) of first Division with Distinction (70%).
English Language Requirement
- Achieved an IELTS, (Academic Module) result with an overall score of 6.5 (no band less than 6) or equivalent and completed a Masters degree or a relevant four year undergraduate degree with Honours or its equivalent at a high standard.
- Course Code: 084123E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Doctoral Degree/PhD
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Doctor of Philosophy (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Food Sciences & Technology (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Human Movement (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Medical & Biological Science (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Nursing & Midwifery (Integrated) at Victoria University
- PhD in Sport & Recreation (Integrated) at Victoria University