The psychology major is one of the largest majors in the College of Letters & Science, focusing on five areas in the field of psychological science: the biology of brain and behavior, clinical, cognitive and cognitive neuroscience, developmental, and social and personality.
The mission of the undergraduate program in psychology is to provide students with opportunities to:
- learn about the multiple content areas of scientific psychology
- develop the ability to think critically and quantitatively
- enhance written and oral communication skills
- prepare for the most rigorous graduate and professional programs
- apply the science of psychology to the well-being of citizens of Wisconsin and the global community
Application Processing Time in Days: 10
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
SuccessWorks at the College of Letters & Science helps students leverage the academic skills learned in their major, certificates, and liberal arts degree; explore and try out different career paths; participate in internships; prepare for the job search and/or graduate school applications; and network with professionals in the field (alumni and employers). In short, SuccessWorks helps students in the College of Letters & Science discover themselves, find opportunities, and develop the skills they need for success after graduation.
- 12 to 36 months( OPT duration depends on the major studied)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you are currently enrolled in high school: Official transcripts from your U.S. high school, as well as transcripts for any secondary work (grades 9–12) completed prior to enrollment in a U.S. high school. Your current U.S. high school may submit their copy of your prior school transcript.
If you are currently enrolled in high school at the time of application:
- An official copy of grade 10 secondary school examination board results officiated or attested by school official*
- Internal grades for coursework taken in grades 11 and 12, through time of application.
- In order to finalize admission, students must supply an officiated or attested copy of their grade 12 senior secondary board results.
If you have already completed high school at the time of application: Attested secondary and senior secondary/intermediate education board results*
*Board results listed on transcripts are not sufficient; we require attested copies of the actual results certificates issued by the examining board.
HONORS IN THE PSYCHOLOGY MAJOR REQUIREMENTS
To earn Honors in the Major in Psychology, students must satisfy both the requirements for the major (above) and the following additional requirements:
- Earn a 3.300 University GPA
- Earn a 3.300 GPA in all PSYCH and major courses
- Complete the following courses with Honors and a grade of B or higher:
- PSYCH 380
- Three Psychology Breadth and/or Depth courses
- A two-semester Senior Honors Thesis in PSYCH 681 and PSYCH 682 for a total of 6 credits.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12000 USD
Application Fee: 60 USD