Graduate Diploma of Health Management
This course, offered by the Department of Epidemiology and Preventive Medicine, is designed to provide you with the skills to manage clinical health care systems and processes. The degree gives you a broad framework from which to manage clinical health care systems. It covers human resource, financial, informational, medico-legal, political, cultural, economic, ethical, industrial, technological, and psychosocial issues.
You will complete seven core units and one elective.
Core units include:
- clinical leadership and management
- financial issues in health care management
- introduction to epidemiology and biostatistics
- principles of health care quality improvement
- foundations of health policy
- law for health systems
- reform and development of health services.
Elective units include:
- human factors for patient safety
- applying and practicing the principles of patient safety and quality improvement
- climate change and public health
- introduction to health economics.
The course articulates with the Master of Health Management or can lead to the Master of Public Health.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- Not Eligible for PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
An Australian undergraduate degree (or equivalent) in an appropriate discipline, with a credit (60%) average and relevant professional experience, or qualification/experience or satisfactory substitute that the faculty considers to be equivalent.
The department will individually assess applications from students without a degree who have extensive professional experience.
- Course Code: 098598K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate of Strategic Communications Management at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of International Sustainable Tourism Management at Monash University
- Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Management at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Health Management at Monash University
- Graduate Diploma of Business at Monash University
- Graduate Certificate of Business at Monash University