Diploma in Business
Develop a foundation in business with the one-year Diploma in Business, and gain skills in a broad range of business subjects.
You can study degree-level courses from a wide range of business subjects including accounting, economics, finance, human resources and employment relations, information systems, international business, management and marketing.
This programme is also suitable for students who have narrowly missed UE. When you successfully complete the Diploma in Business, you can cross-credit your courses and transfer to a Bachelor of Business.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your Level 4, 5, or 6 qualifications is acceptable if you:
- completed it after study of 60 weeks or more, or
- gained 2 qualifications that:
- each involved 30 weeks' study, and
- the level of your last qualification was higher than the first.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
University Entrance OR
- 42 NCEA level 3 credits, including UE literacy and numeracy, with:
- 10 credits in each of three approved subjects OR
- 12 credits in each of two approved subjects and 14 credits across two further subjects
- Higher secondary certificate (standard xii), minimum 60%.
- GCE O levels.
- Course Code: AK1006
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A