Master of Health Sciences
If you are interested in a career where you can contribute to areas such as health services, health systems, clinical practice and research, the Master of Health Sciences is the ideal program for you.
The MHSc equips you to take on leadership roles in the delivery of health services, systems or research.
You can choose between a Taught (120 and 240 points) and a Research Masters (120 and 240 points). If you have completed an undergraduate degree then you would normally enter a 240-point program. If you have already completed a 120-point postgraduate qualification then you may be able to enter a 120-point programme.
Originally established as the School of Medicine, the Grafton Campus (opposite Auckland Hospital on the boundary of Auckland Domain) houses the Faculty of Medical and Health Sciences, including a café, health services, and the Philson Library.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The MHSc will provide you with specialist skills that will open up opportunities into specific healthcare occupations. Most graduates will continue to work in their health professions, but the MHSc will enable them to pursue leadership in those areas. We advise that the University of Auckland is not involved in the employment of graduates and can make no guarantee of post-qualification registration or employment in New Zealand or any other country.
Jobs related to this programme
- Consultancy and advisory
- Health educator
- Health promotion
- Health services manager
- Quality assurance
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum program requirements
- Normally this requires a completed bachelor honors degree or postgraduate diploma from New Zealand, or an acceptable equivalent postgraduate qualification from a recognized university (or similar) overseas.
- An undergraduate degree
- GPE 5.0
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Master of Science (MSc) Pharmacology at University of Auckland
- Master of Wine Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Organisational Psychology at University of Auckland
- Master of Nursing Science at University of Auckland
- Master of Marine Conservation at University of Auckland
- Master of Speech Language Therapy Practice at University of Auckland