Master of Business Administration
Deakin's distinctive Master of Business Administration (MBA) course is one of Australia's premier business education programs.
For over 30 years, the Deakin MBA has been offering relevant skills, contemporary knowledge, and real experience, while developing the business leaders of tomorrow.
The Deakin MBA is designed to meet your professional needs and to fit around your work, your family, and your lifestyle. You can study on campus, in the Cloud (online) and through experiential delivery options.
Our teaching staff is experts in integrating theory into professional practice and in developing learning experiences that are current and relevant to today's workplace. By choosing the Deakin MBA you will enjoy professional academic support services including writing workshops, mentoring programs, and seminars.
Over 30 years of experience delivering an MBA program means we understand your needs, the needs of your current and prospective employers, and the importance of matching one to the other. The Deakin MBA is not just about 'knowledge' and 'skills' - but also about networking, career enhancement, and professional development. Our active alumni and industry partners work with us inside and outside the classroom to ensure your learning is grounded in the everyday reality of business, and the issues it faces.
The Melbourne Burwood Campus is Deakin’s largest. A short trip from Melbourne’s central business district, Burwood offers the perfect balance between city lifestyle and suburban comfort. On campus you will find impressive buildings and world-class facilities, a wide range of learning and social spaces, and a relaxed atmosphere. If you enjoy getting outdoors between classes, the Melbourne Burwood Campus also sits alongside parkland, which is great for walking, jogging and cycling.
Application Processing Time in Days: 5
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Deakin’s Master of Business Administration has a wide range of specializations to help you progress your career in all areas of business from administration to business strategy. As a graduate, you may find employment in areas such as consulting, strategy and planning, human resource management, marketing, and a range of other areas.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum admission criteria^:
- Bachelor degree in any discipline and three years of relevant work experience*, or
- successful completion of a Masters Qualifying Program (MQP) and three years professional/managerial work experience, or
- Graduate Certificate in a related discipline and five years professional/managerial work experience, or
- Graduate Diploma equivalent (professional pathways)
* Must be in a managerial or professional role. Applicants must demonstrate decision making responsibility in a range of areas such as budgeting, staffing, project management, financial management, or other relevant professional experience
^All applicants must provide the following with their application:
- current CV
- current contact details of two referees who can be contacted concerning your work experience
- a one-page brief outlining why you believe that your work experience would be valued by your MBA peers
When you apply to Deakin, it’s important to attach all requested supporting documentation, otherwise, your application could be delayed or disallowed.
Remember, most documents need to be certified before you upload them, so give yourself plenty of time to get organized.
Examples of certified copies you’ll need to include:
- award certificates
- academic transcripts
- formal identity papers (e.g. your passport).
Documents in languages other than English will need to be translated. If you’re applying for a scholarship, please also check the specific supporting documents for that application.
Mandatory student checks
Any unit which contains work-integrated learning, a community placement, or interaction with the community may require a police check, working with children check, or another check.
- Course Code: 035037J
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Construction Management (Research) at Deakin University
- Master of International Relations at Deakin University
- Master of International Relations (International) at Deakin University
- Master of Energy System Management (Professional) at Deakin University
- Master of Energy Systems Management at Deakin University
- Master of Business (Sport Management) at Deakin University