Graduate Certificate in Educational Studies
Strengthen your leadership expertise and get a professional advantage in your chosen area of education.
UQ’s School of Education has been preparing teachers for the world’s classrooms, industry, media and community leadership for more than 70 years, with programs and academics that lead the field. This half year full-time (or part-time equivalent) program prepares you for a variety of employment opportunities in educational environments.
Specialise in one of six fields of study: Behaviour Management; Curriculum; Guidance, Counselling and Careers; Leadership; Psychology Education; or Supporting Diverse Learners. Depending on your area of specialisation you can choose to complete all aspects of a practicum that focuses on advanced research and teaching interests.
Some pathways offer specific qualifications, while others offer significant professional advantage to educators interested in career advancement or broadening their career options.
Commonwealth Supported Places are available for Australian citizens, permanent visa holders and New Zealand citizens for students enrolling in the field of Guidance, Counselling and Careers.
- Strengthen your leadership expertise in educational practice, policy and theory.
- Obtain the knowledge and skills required for specialised fields of work.
- Gain qualifications that enhance career advancement and options.
- Improve your research skills by engaging in an extended research-based project.
Fields of study
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Behaviour Management
- Guidance, Counselling and Careers
- Psychology Education
- Supporting Diverse Learners
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Depending on which field you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Behaviour management counsellor
- Special needs teacher
- Curriculum planner
- School curriculum adviser
- Career development practitioner
- Guidance counsellor
- Educational administrator
- Multicultural teacher
- School principal
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Approved degree in any discipline; or
Have completed post-secondary study and two years full-time work experience in a professional capacity in a relevant or comparable education setting.
Relevant work experience is defined as employment in teaching and education (which can include youth work, teacher aide work, support personnel, music education, teaching English as a second language, allied health, and sport sciences).
- Course Code: 061819G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Public Health at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Peace and Conflict Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Governance and Public Policy at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Governance and Public Policy at The University of Queensland