Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Human Services
Why choose this course?
Creativity is used in many areas of community and cultural development, youth arts, disability arts, and correctional services. Graduates of this course may work in roles that encourage the use of creative disciplines to support individuals and communities who are experiencing social or economic adversity.
You will major in an area of creative industries that may include creative and professional writing, drama, entertainment industries, fashion communication, film, television and screen, interactive and visual design, media and communication, and music.
Choose elective units in human services that support your creative interests, such as Indigenous health, domestic violence, youth services or disability.
The extensive professional placement provides an opportunity to network and explores the array of career pathways. These placements can be completed in local, regional or overseas locations.
Kelvin Grove campus hosts the faculties of Creative Industries, Education, and Health as well as the QUT International College and the Institute of Health and Biomedical Innovation.
Application Processing Time in Days: 40
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Careers and outcomes
Use your expertise in careers in youth arts, disability arts, rehabilitation in corrective services, or community and cultural development.
- Adult/Workplace Educator
- Child Protection Officer
- Community Corrections Officer
- Community Education Officer
- Community Worker
- Corrective Services Officer
- Disability Services Worker
- Entertainment Director
- Events and Festivals Coordinator
- Family Services Officer
- Human Services Practitioner
- International Health Officer
- Media or Communications Adviser
- Youth Worker
- Students who graduate with a Bachelors's degree are eligible for a 2-year work visa.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Senior/Higher Secondary School Certificate/Pre-University certificate from QUT recognized state education boards with an overall average of 75% in best five academic subjects (2 languages and 3 academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- Indian School Certificate academic stream awarded by CISCE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
- All India Senior School Certificate academic stream awarded by CBSE with an overall average of 60% in the best five academic subjects (two languages and three academic subjects), excluding physical education.
There are requirements that you will need to meet as a student in this course. You will need to identify these requirements and ensure you allow sufficient time to meet them. Some of these requirements have associated costs.
Blue card: You must undergo a criminal history check for working with children and be issued with a suitability card (blue card) before commencing clinical placement/practicum in an organization where they may work with children or young people.
The processing of your application may take several months so you must submit your blue card application to HiQ as early as possible to ensure you have your card before you begin any unit that requires contact with children. There is no charge for student blue cards. Students who already have a blue card must register it with QUT.
- Course Code: 058291E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Business at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Creative Industries/Bachelor of Information Technology at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business/Bachelor of Creative Industries at Queensland University of Technology
- Bachelor of Business (Honours) (Public Relations) at Queensland University of Technology