Bachelor of Social Work (Honours)
The Bachelor of Social Work (Honours) program provides an opportunity for high-achieving Bachelor of Social Work students to complete their studies in social work at a postgraduate level while still completing their degree in four years.
Students who have completed the third year of the four-year BSW program with a high GPA are eligible for entry.
By completing your program with honors, you will develop an advanced level of critical and analytical ability and gain a particular strength in developing evidence-led approaches and interventions in social work practice.
The Epsom Campus is the main campus for the Faculty of Education and Social Work and is home to approximately 3500 students.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This programme will qualify you to work as a social worker and equip you with range of transferable skills for a variety of careers. By completing your Bachelor of Social Work with honours, you will hold a postgraduate qualification, which will increase your career opportunities and salary potential. It also counts towards the first year of a Master of Social Work, meaning you will only need to complete another year to obtain a masters degree.
Jobs related to this program
- Child protection manager
- Community development coordinator
- Disability support worker
- Mental health and addiction support worker
- Probation officer
- Refugee and migrant case manager
- Social worker
- Youth worker
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
In order to be admitted to the Bachelor of Social Work (Honours), you will need to:
- achieve a minimum GPA of 5.0 in your third year of study in the Bachelor of Social Work,
- have completed the following courses: Applied Social Research (SOCWORK 312), Mental Health in Social Practice (SOCHLTH 313), Child Protection Practice (SOCCHFAM 314) and Effective Social Work in Health and Disability Services (SOCHLTH 334) or Working with Children and Families (SOCCHFAM 332) or Working with Challenging Behaviours (SOCYOUTH 333).
This is not a standalone honours programme and you must have completed year three of the Bachelor of Social Work with the University of Auckland before you are eligible to apply. If you have previously completed a Bachelor of Social Work you will not be eligible for this programme.
You need to have one of the following:
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 75 percent in the All-India Senior School Certificate (AISSC), Indian School Certificate (ISC), Karnataka, Maharashtra, and West Bengal State Board Examinations with a minimum of 70 percent in English.
- 12 years of schooling and an overall average of 80 percent in all other Higher Secondary State Board Examinations with a minimum of 75 percent in English.
You need to have the following:
- Entry from secondary school qualifications is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
You need to have the following:
- Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education. You must have completed a minimum of three A-Level subjects, with at least a ‘C’ grade or higher. General Studies or similar general paper cannot be included.
GCE ‘A’ Level requirements apply to ‘A’ Level qualifications examined by bodies such as AQA, OCR, Edexcel, WJEC, CCEA, Pearson Education Limited, and CIE taken outside of New Zealand.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Bachelor of Social Work at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Laws at University of Auckland
- Bachelor of Education (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) at University of Auckland