Graduate Diploma in Geographic Information Science
Gain the geospatial data skills to advance your career in ecology, exploration, health, planning, maths, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science.
If you're looking to advance your career in ecology, mineral and oil exploration, health, urban and regional planning, mathematics, cartography, surveying, geography or environmental science, this one year full-time program will equip you with the geospatial data skills you need.
Access specialist laboratories that feature the latest applications for GIS, remote-sensing, automating geospatial tasks with programming, and web map publishing.
Use online GIS data and applications for key national data such as the population census, Earth observation and national mapping services for society and the environment, to gain a comprehensive understanding of these applications across many sectors.
Study advanced areas of GIS and choose from electives including spatial analysis, remote-sensing, web mapping and related professional skills development.
Graduate with advanced computing skills in GIS software, competence in GIS and remote-sensing operations, and sought-after project implementation and management skills.
- Access specialist laboratories featuring the latest applications.
- Study advanced areas of GIS and choose electives to match your career ambitions.
- Gain advanced computing, implementation and management skills.
- Graduate job-ready for a range of private and government roles.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Postgraduate study can take you anywhere. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Urban planner
- Built environment consultant
- Environment and resource manager
- Mineral exploration consultant
- Emergency services officer
- Geospatial application developer
- Environmental researcher
- Web map publisher
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Bachelor degree in any field; or
Graduate Certificate in Geographic Information Science.
UQ or equivalent GPA of 4 or above on a 7 point scale.
- Course Code: 003854G
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Graduate Certificate Writing, Editing and Publishing at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Urban and Regional Planning at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Certificate in Music at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Museum Studies at The University of Queensland
- Graduate Diploma in Interaction Design at The University of Queensland