BSc (Hons) in Football Coaching and Performance
The Football Coaching and Performance program provides an opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge required to gain employment in the football industry both in the UK and internationally. This is achieved by combining the systematic and detailed analysis of Association Football within a vocational and applied coaching context. You will be able to develop your practical coaching competence through studying the theories and concepts that underpin team and individual performance in Association football and by pursuing a supported series of coaching placements.
The Football Coaching and Performance program aims to:
- Foster and nurture an engaging and critical analysis of the theories and concepts relevant to enhancing performance in Association Football
- Develop a critical understanding of the theories and concepts that influence and shape the behavior and performance of coaches and coaching practice in the context of Association Football
- Enable you to develop and extend your understanding of the methods and processes of intellectual inquiry related to the coaching and performance process in sport
- Develop confidence in the application of knowledge and understanding that enhances your competency in your capacity as coaches capable of delivering practice without the need for direct supervision
- Ensure you acquire a systematic understanding of the principles of play appropriate to Association Football and advanced tactical and strategic knowledge relevant to the 11v11 format and other formats of the game
- Develop a critical understanding of the cultural, political, social, and economic landscape in which Association Football is located and the dynamic inter-relationship with the process of sports development at a local, regional, national and global level
- Provide an opportunity to acquire the skills and knowledge required to gain employment in the football industry both in the UK and internationally
Bishop Otter Campus
Our Bishop Otter Campus in Chichester is set in beautiful surroundings with plenty of relaxing green space and a combination of attractive, historic buildings and excellent modern facilities. Back in 1839, the campus was founded by William Otter, Bishop of Chichester. 180 years later, the University still retains a strong sense of history as original parts still remain. Chichester is a beautiful city which offers a wealth of history and culture. It has many historical places to discover such as Chichester Cathedral, Market Cross and Chichester City Walls. Alongside its history, Chichester is surrounded by breath-taking sandy beaches with East and West Wittering beaches only 20 minutes away from campus. The South Downs National Park begins just 1.5 miles from our Chichester campus. From rolling hills to bustling market towns, the South Downs National Park's landscapes cover 1,600km² of breath-taking views and hidden gems. With Brighton, Portsmouth and Southampton all under an hour away, the University of Chichester is perfectly placed for exploring the south coast.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
We’re a friendly and professional team, dedicated to helping students and graduates to plan their futures, to learn about the world of work and meet employers.
There are many ways employers may get involved with the University and meet the talent of our students and graduates.
The Careers and Employability team can help with finding work or postgraduate study, developing connections and skills, going freelance or starting a business. We’ll assist with searching for jobs, choosing a career, completing and sharpening an application form or CV.
2 Years PSW is applicable after the course.(Bachelors & Masters only)
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Foundation Year
- Higher Secondary School Certificate
- Standard VII from the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE)
- The Council for Indian School Certificate Examination (CISCE)
- Metro State Boards (Delhi, Maharashtra, Chennai, Kolkata, and Karnataka)
- Minimum 60%.
For High School qualifications from alternative boards, an International Foundation Year will be required.
- Higher Secondary Education Board Examination
- A recognized international foundation year
- International Foundation Programme
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma
- A-Levels (including Sri Lankan General Certificate of Education (Advanced level) equivalent)
Typical Offer (individual offers may vary):
UCAS Tariff points: 104 – 112 (A levels or combination with AS / EPQ / BTEC/ Cambridge Technical)
A levels: BBC - BCC
BTEC/Cambridge Technical: DMM - MMM
Access to HE Diploma: Pass
International Baccalaureate: 28 points
IELTS 6.0 overall with no element lower than 5.5
- Course Code: CX62
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 03 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- BSC (HONS) MATHEMATICS AND SECONDARY TEACHING (QTS) at University of Chichester
- BSC (HONS) COMPUTING FOR BUSINESS (ITMB) at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Psychology with Integrated Foundation Year at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Educational Psychology at University of Chichester
- BSc (Hons) in Counselling Psychology with Integrated Foundation Year at University of Chichester
- MSci in Advanced Applied Psychology at University of Chichester