Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Science (BMus(Hons)/BSc)
Turn your passion for music and science into a unique career with this dual degree.
This dual degree is designed to provide students with a professional career in music and a depth of understanding in one or more fields of knowledge in the sciences, and culminates in advanced research training in your chosen music Honours field.
With more than 40 study areas to choose from, you can create a set of skills that's unique to you and your passions.
- Enhance your music skills and bolster your career prospects with a deeper knowledge of the sciences.
- Work with staff members and alumni who are nationally and internationally-acclaimed performers, composers, scientists and researchers.
- Develop the transferable skills essential to long-term job success across multiple sectors for your entire career.
Tailor your studies to suit your goals. This program offers these options:
- Archaeological Science
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- Biomedical Science
- Biophysics (Dual Major)
- Chemical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Sc and Biochem & Molecular Biol (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Biomedical Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Chemistry (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Computer Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Ecology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Genetics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geographical Sciences (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Geological Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Marine Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Mathematics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Microbiology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Physics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Plant Science (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Psychology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Statistics (Dual Major)
- Computational Science and Zoology (Dual Major)
- Computational Science, Biochemistry and Molecular (Dual Major)
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Nutrition (Dual Major)
- Food Science and Technology
- Geographical Sciences
- Geological Sciences
- Marine Biology (Extended Major)
- Marine Science
- Plant Science
- Public Health
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Depending on which major you choose, here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Historical archaeology consultant
- Production bioinformatics engineer
- Biochemistry and molecular biology researcher
- Biomedical researcher
- Marine environmental consultant
- Chamber musician
- Music teacher
- Arts administrator
- Music programmer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C); and one of Biology, Chemistry, Earth and Environmental Science, or Physics (Units 3 & 4, C); and
An audition/interview; a pass in a test of practical ability and musicianship skills.*
Applicants must arrange an audition with the School of Music, to take place between 1 September and 30 November of the year preceding admission. A program of no longer than 15 minutes must be prepared. Details must be provided to the School of Music when the applicant arranges the audition. For an audition to be at a competitive standard, the repertoire performed should be comparable to Grade 7 AMEB.
* Note: Selection is based on audition, interview and academic results.
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 089659K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Social Science (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Social Science at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning (Honours) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Regional and Town Planning at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours)/Education (Secondary) (BMus(Hons)/BEd(Sec)) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelors of Music (Honours) / Arts at The University of Queensland