Master of Disaster Risk Management and Development
Gain the skills to tackle increasingly complex disaster risks, both now and in the future, and research a topic of your interest.
Develop advanced disaster risk management knowledge and skills to reduce disaster risks, build community resilience, and manage disaster response and recovery.
The Master of Disaster Risk Management and Development aligns with global and national best practice, and is ideal if you’re passionate about sustainable development, community resilience or humanitarian response. It’s also a good fit if you’re already working in the field and need a tertiary-level qualification.
AUT SOUTH CAMPUS
Our South Campus is located in the heart of Manukau. You can choose from courses based entirely at the South Campus, or include papers at the City or the North Campus.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The AUT Employability and Careers team helps you consider your career options and develop the skills you need to stand out to employers and become a highly employable graduate.
Visit us at the Employability Lab to:
- Improve your CV, job search or interview techniques – we offer workshops and online tools
- Increase your networking skills – come to our career fairs, workshops and employer presentations
- Source work experience and voluntary work – meet up with employers at our employer events
- Find your career focus – talk to a career specialist about your career direction or study programme.
AUT Internz partners with employers overseas, as well as locally, to offer new AUT graduates opportunities to put their learning into action. Westpac, Lululemon and Allbirds are among the employers welcoming AUT interns and full time graduate employees.
The Employability Lab hosts a number of events like career fairs, expos and presentations where – as potential employees - students and graduates can meet employers. We also run regular career development workshops and recruitment events.
Workshops and employer presentations
We are connected with many employers who provide the leadership speaker series, industry panels and talks about potential employment with their organisation, including internship and graduate opportunities.
Past presenters include Samsung Electronics NZ, MYOB, Deloitte, BNZ, NZME, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade, Counties Manukau DHB and AR/VR Garage.
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
Completed one of the following; or equivalent:
- Bachelor’s degree with a B grade or higher in papers at a level 7 or equivalent
- In exceptional circumstances, an applicant who does not meet the requirements above, but who has an appropriate combination of academic and professional experience, may be considered for admission
- Submit evidence of ability to study at postgraduate level in this field
- Provide evidence of current professional practice
- May be required to complete relevant prerequisite papers as specified by the Board of Studies
- Course Code: AK3930
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of International Hospitality Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of International Tourism Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Business Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Applied Finance at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Analytics at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)