Bachelor of Mathematics / Bachelor of Science
The Bachelor of Mathematics/Bachelor of Science combined degree is for those who are interested in understanding the world around us and how it works. This degree is for those that are inspired to build new knowledge and discover new things. Without maths, interpreting the real world would not be possible. Mathematics is the language of science and underpins most technological advances that we rely on every day. You will learn from leading researchers who will guide you through a tailored program, specifically designed to give you the skills that employers are seeking. You’ll be able to follow your passions, and our guidance and mentoring give you the confidence to know you’re heading where you want to with your career. You’ll have authentic opportunities to work with industry and in research whilst you study. By the time you finish your studies, you will have the practical skills to make a difference in the world and contribute new solutions to the many scientific challenges we face.
Program learning outcomes
On successful completion of the program students will have:
- You will be a problem solver and an innovator who can identify, draw upon and manage resources to take a scientific project from concept to completion.
- You will be a critical thinker who has keen insight and a broad perspective of the world to find scientific solutions to complex problems.
- You will be a practitioner who has the ability to apply your learning and skills to create new understandings of the world and real world issues that lay at the intersection of many traditional and emerging science disciplines.
- You will be a keen scientific researcher and skilled technician who has the ability to think creatively, to plan, to evaluation, to reflect upon and apply your findings.
- You will be a person who has the flexibility to work in many different environments, to harness collective knowledge within local and global professional networks, to communicate effectively, to work with people and have an appreciation of others.
- You will be a professional who can apply your skills and knowledge of science to the highest ethical standards responsibly and honestly.
Newcastle - Callaghan
The University of Newcastle's main campus at Callaghan is only 12 kilometres from beaches and the heart of Newcastle - a city named as one of the world's top 'Smart Cities' to watch in 2017 by Global magazine National Geographic Traveler.
Application Processing Time in Days: 21
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
- 3 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Admission to our undergraduate degree programs usually requires successful completion of a senior secondary school qualification similar to the Higher School Certificate (HSC), the highest educational award in New South Wales schools..
For More Information Please Connect To Our PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 098541E
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Bachelor of Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Coastal and Marine Science at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Science / Bachelor of Laws (Honours) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Public and Community Health at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Psychological Science (Advanced) at University of Newcastle
- Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine (Joint Medical Program) at University of Newcastle