Genetics – the study of genes and inheritance – is a fast-paced and exciting field of modern biology. Recent advances are revolutionising the ways in which genes and entire genomes are studied. These developments underpin human health, biotechnology and biodiversity conservation. Studying genetics, and the related field of genomics, will prepare you for careers in all these areas.
Our staff have close links with organisations including Cancer Research UK and the Wellcome Trust. This means you’ll study topics based on the latest research findings, from biodiversity to cell regulation and cancer.
You'll cover a broad range of genetics, including the molecular basis of genes and genomes, tracking down disease genes and the use of modern methods in genetics.
Application Processing Time in Days: 25
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- International Baccalaureate
(Typical offer - 34 - 36 points overall from the full IB Diploma)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Biochemistry (with an industrial placement year) BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Ecology, Conservation and Environment MSci at University of Sussex
- Ecology, Conservation and Environment BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- Mathematics with Economics MMath at University of Sussex
- Mathematics with Economics BSc (Hons) at University of Sussex
- BA (Hons) Philosophy, Politics and Economics (PPE) at University of Sussex