Master of Professional Accounting
The Master of Professional Accounting equips you with the skills to change careers and become an accountant. It can be completed in 16 months fast-track.
It’s designed for people with an unrelated degree who want to work towards registration with leading professional accounting bodies – including the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ). It's a good choice if you want to gain membership with professional accounting bodies or change careers to become an accountant.
The MPA will advance your understanding of accounting from a strategic business perspective and provide the financial expertise needed for senior management roles. Roles may include chartered accountant, management accountant, chief financial officer, finance manager, forensic accountant, business consultant, tax specialist or a role in senior management.
AUT CITY CAMPUS
Our City Campus is in the heart of Auckland. It is AUT’s biggest campus and home to most academic units and the central administration, including the Vice-Chancellor’s office.
- March Deadline: May
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Accounting offers excellent job opportunities both in New Zealand and internationally. There's strong demand for highly skilled accountants and senior managers with a strategic understanding of accounting and finance.
- Chartered accountant
- International accounting firms
- Management accountant
- Chief financial officer
- Finance manager
- Forensic accountant
- Senior management
- Business consultant
- Tax specialist
Your qualification at level 7 or higher is acceptable if your course lasted 30 weeks or more.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum entry requirements
- Must have completed a bachelor’s degree (in any discipline) with a B- grade average or higher in papers at level 7 or equivalent
- Course Code: AK3611
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Disaster Risk Management and Development at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Supply Chain Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of International Hospitality Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of International Tourism Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Business Management at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)
- Master of Applied Finance at Auckland University of Technology (AUT)