Law with a Modern Language LLB
It has never been more useful to understand more than one language. As many leading law firms have branches in several countries, your language skills and the experience of having lived abroad will give you a competitive edge when beginning your legal career.
The Law with a Modern Language LLB will divide your learning between law and your chosen modern language. Law modules will cover the fundamentals of the English legal system while your languages education will advance your spoken, written and cultural understanding. This is a joint honours course, in which Law modules make up 75% of the content, with Modern Languages modules accounting for the other 25%.
You can choose French, Italian or Spanish - all of which can be taken at either beginner or advanced level. Your language studies will be supported by the excellent facilities for modern language students, including state-of-the-art language labs, a dedicated Modern Languages Study Centre, a film theatre, TV and internet resources.
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
If you have completed the standard XII awarded by the CISCE/CBSE, or another recognised state exam board, with at least 75% overall, you may be considered for admission to a first year Bachelors degree. For many courses at the University of Leicester, you will need 80% overall or higher, along with higher individual marks of 85% in relevant subjects. If you are studying A-levels or the International Baccalaureate (IB) then you can begin from the first year of a Bachelors degree. Please see inidvidual course pages for entry requirements. If you have already completed the first year of an undergraduate degree at an Indian university, you may be considered for entry to the first or second year of a Bachelors degree if you have studied relevant subjects and/or modules. We also have progression arrangements with some partner institutions in India, which allow advance entry to certain University of Leicester courses. Please contact the International Office for further information. If you do not meet the entry requirements for one of our courses, you can apply for an International Foundation Year run by the Global Study Centre. The GSC provides academic support to help you progress to your chosen undergraduate degree at the University of Leicester.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Politics and Sociology BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and Sociology BA at University of Leicester
- Politics and International Relations BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and International Relations BA at University of Leicester
- Politics and Economics BA with Year Abroad at University of Leicester
- Politics and Economics BA at University of Leicester