Master of Internet of Things
Smart technology, internet of things (IoT) and connectivity are reshaping the world. The need for skilled IoT professionals is growing. La Trobe's Master of Internet of Things is here to meet that need.
The first of its kind in Australia, it combines technical knowledge with practical learning opportunities.
Help connect IoT technology to the world. Develop advanced programming and systems design skills. Discover the key components of IoT, including platforms, protocols and protection.
Work with this ground-breaking technology first hand. Take on an industry placement in Bendigo's many IoT technology projects like Clever Weather or Long Range IoT Network.
Turn your vision of IoT technology into reality. Apply your knowledge to exclusive innovation projects or help shape the future of the IoT with a research thesis.
Graduates will be at the forefront of technology projected to be worth over $200 billion by 20301.
IoT cloud data
Discover how cloud data can be used as tool for brainstorming and informed decision making.
Industry impact of IoT technology
Learn how IoT can be used to improve and innovate sectors like healthcare, construction and mining.
IoT programming and systems design
Work with IoT technology first-hand and produce a prototype IoT solution or system for a real-world industry partner.
Security protocols and privacy risks
Gain an understanding of IoT security and privacy risks by analysing the design of secure hardware and software.
Get the best of the city and the country at our Bendigo Campus. You’ll join more than 5 000 students at La Trobe’s secondbiggest campus, and you’ll be studying at the region’s largest provider of higher education. You can take your pick from more than 50 degrees, and with the CBD just nearby, it’s the perfect place to live and learn. It’s a great time to start, as we’ve just given the campus a A$50 million upgrade, so you’ll benefit from world-class learning facilities as you prepare for your future career.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
La Trobe offers programs that are industry-focused and offer a lot of practical exposure. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot.
The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market. La Trobe focuses on Work Integrated Learning. Following graduation, students can often struggle to find work relevant to their field of study - that’s why employers value students with pre-existing workplace experience. Students who can readily adapt their university learnings to the real world are far more valuable to employers than those who cannot. The La Trobe Business School offers a variety of practical learning opportunities to help you develop a competitive edge in the job market.
The duration of the internship will vary depending on the chosen course and subject. During this time a student will be expected to complete assessments based on experience. Please note that eligibility criteria do apply.
If you are an undergraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Accounting Work Placement (ACC3AWP)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUS3ELP)
- Food and Beverage Supervision (THS1FBS)
- Sports Practicum (MGT3SPR)
If you are a postgraduate student, you can choose from the following subjects:
- Business Analytics Project (BUS5PR2)
- Business Work Placement (BUS5WIL)
- Experiential Learning Project (BUA5ELP)
- As an international student, a student can work for 40 hrs in a fortnight and full time during breaks and is entitled to 2 years post-study work permit. This implies to students studying any course which is 2 years and above.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Degree entry: Australian bachelor degree (or international equivalent) with a minimum of a C (60%) grade point average (GPA) in the final year PLUS three years of relevant managerial experience
- Professional entry: Applicants do not require an undergraduate degree but must have a minimum of 8 years' relevant managerial experience 6.0.
- Professional entry (no undergrad degree): International applicants must have a minimum IELTS (Academic) score of 6.5 with no individual band score less than 6.0. Please note that international students studying online are not eligible for an Australian student visa.
The minimum entry requirement is successful completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or its equivalent) with tertiary level subjects in Mathematics, Calculus or Discrete Maths.
Relevant Work Experience
Prior learning developed through relevant work experience or professional accreditation, where it is deemed to be at least equivalent to that obtained through a Bachelor degree, may be considered. In making an offer to an applicant, the University will give consideration to a range of factors to determine whether an applicant has demonstrated the capacity to work at a Masters level, including academic record, English proficiency, and/or employment experience.
Requirements for selection and application
Entire Academic Record (Compulsory)
This course uses the entire academic record as part of its selection considerations.
- Course Code: 0100862
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 02 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Engineering (Electronics) at La Trobe University
- Master of Artificial Intelligence at La Trobe University
- Master of Construction and Engineering Management at La Trobe University
- Master of Information and Communication Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Information Technology at La Trobe University
- Master of Telecommunication and Network Engineering at La Trobe University