Diploma of Construction Management
- Direct entry to the 2nd year of the Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours)
- Supportive learning environment provides the best possible preparation for Deakin University
- Study on a Deakin University campus with full access to accommodation, support services
Build a career spanning domestic or commercial projects, from construction management to surveying with this pathway to Deakin University’s Bachelor of Construction Management (Honours).
Employment and career options upon completing your Bachelor degree:
Quantity surveyor in a range of industry organisations such as contractors, property developers and consulting firms, consultant in the property and facilities divisions of companies that are responsible for large property portfolios.
The Geelong Deakin Waterfront campus is based in the centre of downtown Geelong. With stunning views of Corio Bay, it is truly a beautiful location from which to study. Many of the campus buildings are situated in what were once old wool stores which have been extensively renovated to create a thoroughly modern learning environment. The campus offers purpose-built classrooms, computer labs, shared learning and study spaces as well as a state of the art library overlooking the beautiful waterfront. It is a stone’s throw from the Geelong CBD as well as situated at the foot of the world famous Great Ocean Road and the Victorian Surf Coast. Not only can students explore all that bustling Geelong has to offer, they can also enjoy all the facilities of the nearby Waurn Ponds campus by taking advantage of the free shuttle bus which runs all day between the campuses. The campus was founded in 1994 and now has over 4000 students offering over 200 different courses
Application Processing Time in Days: 14
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
- Deakin is among the top-performing Australian universities for overall employment outcomes. This includes having the best employment rate in the Australian State of Victoria for bachelor’s degree graduates.
- DeakinTALENT talent is dedicated to getting your career ready and has a number of special programs in place that are aimed specifically at international students.
- DeakinTALENT is ready to work with you from day one of your Deakin degree to help prepare you to pursue the career you want, and also to help you find part-time work while you study.
- No Post Study Work Visa for Courses less than 2 Years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Entry into the relevant Bachelor degree*
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma units;
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 50%, taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College.
* Does not apply for entry into:
Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Commerce/Bachelor of Laws
Bachelor of Property and Real Estate/Bachelor of Laws
Where the following criteria applies:
completed and passed eight Deakin College Diploma of Commerce units
a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of at least 70% (distinction average), taking into account all units attempted at Deakin College
overall IELTS score of 7 with minimum band scores of 6.5
Note: Please take into consideration the intakes of the desired destination course.
Entry to Diploma courses requires the successful completion of Year 12 or equivalent.Specific academic entry requirements are listed below. Students with qualifications that are not listed should forward their application and academic results to Deakin College for assessment.
Note: Diploma of Engineering requires a pre-requisite subject of mathematics (Year 12 or equivalent)
Completion of the All India Senior School Certificate or State Board with an overall 58% aggregate
Cambridge: English Advanced (CAE)
FCE Level B2
Deakin University English Language Institute (DUELI)
HK Form 5
60% in Form 5 English Language
Level 3 HKDSE English
Diploma: 5.5 (with no band score below 5.5)
Pearsons Test of English Academic (PTE)
TOEFL Computer Based
TOEFL Paper Based
52 – Writing 19, Speaking 16, Listening and Reading 5
International Baccalaureate Diploma
Grade 4 in English
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Under Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A