Bulgarian and Czech BA
Bulgaria has a rich cultural heritage and a strongly developing economy where specialists in Bulgarian are needed. Czech is a Slavonic language, largely mutually comprehensible with Slovak and spoken by approximately 11 million native speakers. This programme offers the opportunity to gain excellent language skills and a profound knowledge of Bulgarian and Czech literature, history and culture that will prepare you for a wide variety of careers in Europe.
- UCL provides an ideal environment for language study. We offer an enormous range of languages and state-of-the-art facilities, including a well-equipped language learning suite.
- Our location in a cosmopolitan city provides access to frequent and varied cultural events, a huge range of museums, galleries, specialist libraries and bookshops, theatres, cinemas, cuisines and cultural societies.
- The UCL School of Slavonic & Eastern European Studies (SSEES) is the largest national centre in the UK for the study of Central, Eastern and South-East Europe and Russia. The SSEES Library contains over 400,000 books, journals and film resources.
- You will gain a thorough grounding in the Bulgarian and Czech language and culture, supplemented by a choice of optional cultural, historical, and social science modules. You will spend your third year abroad.
- Sep Deadline: Jan
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
The programme is designed to equip you with language fluency, cultural competence, historical knowledge and social understanding. Your ability to consider issues from an international perspective will be greatly enhanced and you will learn how to conduct research and to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
With developed skills in critical reasoning, independent thinking and application of theoretical concepts you will be strongly placed to find employment in international organisations, particularly careers which cross international boundaries and use languages. Career prospects are likely to include finance, media, diplomacy, education, translation, research, and consultancy.
UCL is commited to helping you get the best start after graduation.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Minimum equivalent entry requirement for A level grades ABB
Award of one of the following will be considered:
- Successful completion of one year of a Bachelor Degree at an Indian university recognised by UCL, with an average grade equivalent to UK Upper Second Class.
- The Year 12/Standard 12 Indian School Certificate awarded by CISCE or CBSE with five subjects at 90, 85, 85, 85, 85.
For More Information Please Contact to Our Counselor.
- Course Code: UCAS code - R7BC
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 04 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 12006 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- Bulgarian and East European Studies BA at University College London
- Bulgarian and Dutch BA at University College London
- Bulgarian and Danish BA at University College London
- Arts and Sciences with Study Abroad BASc at University College London
- Arts and Sciences BASc at University College London
- Archaeology with a Year Abroad BA at University College London