Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education
This tertiary teaching qualification is an ideal next step in your professional development if you are working in a teaching and learning role in the tertiary sector.
It provides a collegial, cross-disciplinary space for you to explore higher education learning and teaching, and equips you to undertake leadership or further study in higher education.
It consists of two 30-point compulsory courses to be taken part-time over two semesters. These courses are taught and assessed through a blended learning model using a combination of face-to-face (and streamed) seminars and online resources and assessments.
Offered by the University’s Centre for Learning and Research in Higher Education (CLeaR), this programme can qualify you for more advanced responsibilities or lead to a master's degree.
The City Campus is right in the heart of Auckland. You are within walking distance of all the main cultural, entertainment and commercial hubs.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
This certificate is an ideal next step in professional development if you are already working in a teaching and learning role in the tertiary sector. It can qualify you for more advanced responsibilities or lead to a masters degree. If you wish to go into further study and attain a GPA/GPE of 5 or higher, you can credit the courses passed for the certificate to the Master of Higher Education (180 points), provided the certificate has not been awarded.
Jobs related to this programme
- Teaching and learning administrative roles (e.g., associate dean, head of school or team leader)
- Tertiary learning adviser
- Tertiary/university lecturer
- Tertiary/university librarian
You can apply for a Post-study Work Visa for up to 3 years.
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- You must have completed a degree at a recognised university (or similar institution).
- Course Type: Part Time
- Course Level: Post Graduate Diploma or Certificate
- Duration: 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 15000 NZD
Application Fee: 100 NZD
- Postgraduate Diploma in Social Work at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Educational Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Social and Community Leadership at University of Auckland
- Postgraduate Certificate in Professional Supervision at University of Auckland