Bachelors of Economics / Laws (Honours)
Open up pathways to rewarding career opportunities where you'll play a pivotal role helping to resolve some of the world's greatest challenges.
Combine the study of economics and laws under this dual program and you'll develop exceptional skills, making you a highly sought after candidate and providing you with opportunities to excel across a wide range of sectors.
The economics program will develop your analytical, modelling and forecasting skills, and instil an understanding of how society uses the world’s scarce resources. These skills are in high demand by businesses, consultancies, governments and international agencies, and our economics graduates are among the most sought after and highest paid in Australia*. Under the program, you'll develop a range of statistical and analytical tools that you can use to solve pivotal policy and decision-making challenges for business and government.
Through your law studies, you'll develop a sophisticated understanding of the law that will see you develop practical legal skills and stimulate thoughtful debate with a focus on ethical and social responsibility.
UQ Law is proud to be the oldest law school in Queensland and one of Australia’s leading law schools. We have fostered strong working relationships with the community and the legal fraternity. Through these relationships, our students influence the law and its institutions for the benefit of society.
- Study with one of the largest and most influential economics schools in Australia, where world-class academic staff and diverse courses will equip you with theoretical knowledge to address real-life problems.
- Join one of the most prestigious and respected law schools in Australia and you'll graduate with advanced knowledge and skills that are transferable across a wide range of careers.
- Study at a world-class law school, ranked the 43rd best in the world*, with state-of-the-art facilities refurbished in 2016.
- Fulfil the academic requirements for admission as a legal practitioner throughout Australia.
Situated on 114 hectares of Brisbane River-bound land, UQ’s main campus is a vibrant mix of majestic sandstone buildings and contemporary architecture, landscaped gardens and lakes. Fanning out from the heritage-listed Great Court, you’ll find modern teaching and research facilities, including laboratories, lecture theatres, and Queensland’s largest research library. The expansive grounds are also home to a variety of sporting facilities, museums, cafes, and those famous Jacaranda trees. The St Lucia campus is only seven kilometres from Brisbane’s city centre, making it an appealing place to study, work or visit.
- Feb Deadline: Nov
Application Processing Time in Days: 28
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our programs prepare you for your first job and beyond. Here are some of the careers you could be on your way to:
- Economic consultant
- Investment analyst
- Trade finance operations officer
- Urban economist
- Quantitative analyst
- Community laws officer
- Company secretary
- Judge’s associate
- Defence force and military lawyer
2 years of Post-Study Work (PSW) rights to international students post completion of their respective Bachelor's
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
All international applicants need to have successfully completed Queensland Year 12 (or an equivalent qualification) and meet the minimum entry score for this program.
Queensland Year 12 (or equivalent) General English subject (Units 3 & 4, C); Mathematical Methods (Units 3 & 4, C).
For more information Please Connect To Over PSA Counselor.
- Course Code: 082617K
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Bachelors/UG Degree
- Duration: 05 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: 100 AUD
- Bachelor of Commerce (Business Analytics) at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Business Management / Bachelor of Design at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Arts / Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor of Commerce at The University of Queensland
- Bachelor Of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management at The University of Queensland