Master of Health Science (Osteopathy)
Become a skilled healthcare professional, eligible to practise and register as an osteopath, with a Master of Health Science from VU.
This course will equip you with the knowledge and diagnostic skills to confidently begin your osteopathy career.
VU offers one of only three accredited osteopathy programs in Australia. This masters follows on from the Bachelor of Science (Osteopathy). Together, the courses provide eligibility for registration to practice as an osteopath.
Our highly regarded course has an extensive work-experience program, with hands-on practice at our professional clinics.
You’ll graduate skilled in formulating suitable and safe treatment programs, including soft-tissue techniques, joint mobilisation and exercise rehabilitation. You’ll have the diagnostic skills and graduate capabilities for osteopathic practice required by primary healthcare practitioners
City Flinders Campus is a modern building in the centre of Melbourne’s busy central business district (CBD) You could be studying courses as diverse as osteopathy and business at this campus. It is opposite Melbourne’s grand Flinders Street Station, the Yarra River and the Southbank precinct. The campus is a perfect location for transport, shopping, food and cafes, or to hold a special event at our our Convention Centre.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our Masters of Health Science (Osteopathy) qualifies you to register as a practising osteopath.
Many osteopaths have their own private practice. Osteopaths can work in a variety of healthcare settings:
- private clinics
- maternal health centres
- community organisations.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree in Osteopathy.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You will need to provide evidence that you have achieved one of the following levels of English language proficiency :
- IELTS (academic module): Overall score of 6.5 (with no band less than 6.0 in Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking).
- TOEFL Internet: Test score of 79. Section score no less than:
> Listening: 19
> Speaking: 19
> Reading: 18
> Writing: 22
- Pearson Test of English (PTE): Overall score of 58-64 (with no section score less than 50)
- University of Cambridge - Advanced (CAE): Overall score of 176. No individual band less than 169.
- VU English - English for Academic Purposes (EAP) (Level 6): Achieved.
IELTS, TOEFL, PTE and CAE: These tests must be taken no more than two years prior to commencing your course.
In some cases, we will accept test results from other methods of examination not listed in this table.
- Course Code: 090621C
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year 06 Month
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 21041 AUD
Application Fee: N/A
- Master of Sport Business and Integrity at Victoria University
- Master of Science (Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Public Health (Global Nutrition and Active Living) at Victoria University
- Master of Nursing (By Research) at Victoria University
- Master of Counselling at Victoria University
- Master of Clinical Exercise Science and Rehabilitation at Victoria University