Urban Strategies and Design MSc
Jointly delivered by Edinburgh School of Architecture & Landscape Architecture and the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society at Heriot-Watt University, this programme builds on the historic expertise and knowledge developed in both. It is taught by academic researchers with international research experience, links, and interests in a range of urban-related themes and geographical areas.
This wealth of knowledge and the use of contemporary teaching is integrated into the programme’s delivery. The programme encourages the adoption of a comprehensive approach to the delivery of socially sustainable urban transformation, from local-specific to global-regional interventions.
Application Processing Time in Days: 30
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Graduates will be able to consider local and international career opportunities, in disciplines such as architecture, planning, landscape architecture, urban planning strategies and development planning, in the formal, (public and private) voluntary, or international development sector. You may also go on to further academic research such as a PhD.
- 2 years
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
Normally a UK 2:1 honours degree or its international equivalent.
We don't require an architecture or urban design qualification, but expect you to demonstrate a broad interest in issues of urban design strategy planning and its relationship to issues at local, national and global level.
Postgraduate entry requirements for students from India.
In order to qualify for entry to master’s study at the University of Edinburgh, you must have a good degree from a highly ranked university in India.
- Entry requirements will vary, depending on the intended programme of study. However, the minimum score you should have achieved is 60% or more in your Bachelor's study.
- We may also accept equivalent qualifications or work experience.
- Applicants who meet this minimum may be considered for entry and will be measured competitively against other applicants. For many of our programmes, competition is high and in the majority of cases, a very high First Class degree will be required. Certain programmes will also have specific requirements in terms of both the overall degree result and strengths in particular subjects which are seen as relevant to that degree.
Graduate entry to Medicine (MBChB)
Applicants with an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline will be considered for the 6 year programme.
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A
- World Christianity MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- World Christianity MPhil at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MSc at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology in History MTh at The University of Edinburgh
- Theology and Religious Studies MScR at The University of Edinburgh