Experimental Physics, MSc by Research
The MSc by Research in Experimental Physics allows you to undertake a year long individual programme of personally and professionally enriching research. Your experimental physics research project will be shaped by participation in activities such as seminars, workshops, laboratory activity and field work, as well as your involvement in one of our established research groups. While this research programme usually finishes after a year, it can be used to progress to the second year of a PhD degree in the appropriate circumstances.
We have three main research groups.
- The Atomic, Molecular and Quantum Physics Group (AMQP)
- The Applied Physics and Materials (APM) Group
- The Particle Physics and Cosmology Theory (PPCT) Group
Singleton Park Campus
Travelling west on the M4 leave the motorway at junction 42 and follow signs for Swansea on the A483 (Fabian Way). On crossing the River Tawe the A483 becomes the A4067. Continue west along this road, passing Sainsbury’s Superstore on the left-hand side of the road. After approximately 1.5 miles there is a footbridge over the road. The University’s main entrance lies just before the footbridge and is controlled by traffic lights. As you approach the lights, keep to the right-hand lane and prepare to turn right into the University. There is a Visitors’ Car Park immediately right of the main entrance. There are large Park-and-Ride sites at Port Tennant and on the A483 east of Swansea, at Landore, on the A4067 north of the city. All sites are open from 7.00 am until 7.00 pm, Monday to Saturday.
Application Processing Time in Days: 20
Minimum English Language Requirements
|English Level Description||IELTS (1.0 -9.0)||TOEFL IBT (0-120)||TOEFL CBT (0-300)||PTE (10-90)|
|Extremely Limited||< 4||< 31||< 93||< 30|
Job Opportunity Potential
Our career support services include:
- Employability workshops, employers’ talks, bespoke events and careers fairs
- Individual advice and guidance from professionally qualified Careers Advisers
- Help with finding jobs, internships, work placements and volunteering opportunities
- Access to information resources on a wide range of career management topics
- Advice and guidance on postgraduate study and funding
- Funding to support student internship opportunities and Student Society/Club events.
We also provide help and advice for Swansea University Alumni up to two years after you graduate.
- 2 Years of PSW
Admission Requirement / Eligibility Criteria
You should hold or expect to achieve a minimum of an upper second class honors degree (2:1), or equivalent, in a related subject or hold relevant work experience.
- Bachelor: 60%; or
- CGPA 6.7 (10 point system); or
- CGPA 6 (7 point system); or
- CGPA 3 (4 point system)
- Course Type: Full Time
- Course Level: Masters/PG Degree
- Duration: 01 Year
Total Tuition Fee:
Annual Cost of Living: 9207 GBP
Application Fee: N/A